Our good deals
Not to be missed
History and Heritage
Sport and Mountains
The Crossroads of Tourist routes
With the family
Le Pays Rhin Vignoble Grand Ballon
Les visites virtuelles
Noël à Guebwiller en Alsace
Bed and Breakfasts
Groups and Mountain shelters
Camper van sites
Hébergement insolite au pied du Grand Ballon
Programme of events
Places to visit
Depending on the weather
Around and about
Book your activities
Farms and inns
Pâtissiers, salon de thé
Les vins d'Alsace
All inclusive holidays
Small group special offers
A castle that has crossed the centuries...
First a fortified castle, then an urban castle of the prince abbots of Murbach, the site has never ceased to evolve and adapt to the tastes and needs of successive owners. Sold as a National Property, it hosted industrial productions for several decades before being transformed in the 1820s into a villa for the Schlumberger family, in a green setting.
A CIAP in a castle?
The Neuenburg Cultural and Tourist Cluster is home to the "Centre d'Interprétation de l'Architecture et du Patrimoine" - "Center for the Interpretation of Architecture and Heritage" (CIAP), a meeting place around heritage. The permanent exhibition provides an understanding of the history of the area and its evolution from the Middle Ages to the present day. Visitors are actors of their discovery by experimenting the heritage thanks to digital tools and models.
This exceptional place can be discovered in different ways and independently:
- Stroll through the park and enjoy the circuit of panels on its history and evolution.
The Park is accessible for free every day.
- Discover the castle and its architecture. Discover its points of interest and its evolution thanks to the Focus booklet or the mobile application Neuenbourg through the centuries.
The booklet is free of charge and available on PlayStore and AppleStore.
The Booklet is also available at the reception of the CIAP.
- You can also explore the park with your family, especially with our younger friends or adults which stayed young. The booklet Explorers will help you to discover the history and the evolution of this amazing place.
The Exporers booklet is available at the reception of the CIAP and is free of charge.
- Experience and discover the heritage of the region of Guebwiller and the history of the castle within the permanent exhibition of the CIAP of Neuenbourg.
- Investigate with professor Douglas on the history of Neuenbourg thanks to the booklet Explorers on the castle.