Office de tourisme de Guebwiller - Alsace

Schaefertal Chapel

Return
Chapelle du Schaefertal © Ville de Soultzmatt-Wintzfelden
The place Schaefertal was first mentioned in the year 1339. The early chapel was probably built in the 14th century. The oldest part of the present church is dated from the 16th century. Some renovation works were undertaken in 1594 and 1745 and some rocks from the Schwartzenthann convent were used for the chapel. The house close to the chapel was built at the end of the 16th century, but its use is unsure because this house is too large to put up a hermit. How to go there: in Soultzmatt take direction Wintzfelden. After the Source turn left in direction Schweighouse / Buhl. Also turn left after the soccer playground in direction Val du Pâtre / Schaefertal.
Type of site to visit
Religious site
ZOOMER
Nearest train station
8